Prof. Marco Malagodi is going to explain some of the secrets that science unvealed about the construction of stringed instruments….
Violin-making @ Cremona in numbers
- 154 workshops of violin-makers, a unique system in the world that employs 197 people (but it is estimated that the real number of the operators reaches 230-250 people);
- main organizing structure: individual workshop;
- tradition passed down also in family workshops;
- the 42% of Cremona workshops has a foreign owner. Among the origin countries Japan, South Korea and France;
- just a little less than 40% of the workshops with a foreign owner were born in the last decade;
ANTOLDI, F., CAPELLI, C., MACCONI, I., La produzione e l’export italiani di strumenti musicali artigianali. Rapporto di ricerca, CERSI – Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, 2016